Saturday, August 15, 2009

busy thinking...

I've been thinking of taking the JLPT exams-
The Nihongo Nouryoku Shiken, or Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT), is a widely-recognized test certifying the taker's Japanese language ability.
Should I? I want to! Yes, I've been attending Japanese language classes for the past one month at ICLS, InterCultural Language School at Damansara Uptown. And it's been awesome!!
I mean, eventhough classes can be tiring and mentally draining at times, (probably cause its 4 hours of hard concentration work, speaking and application skills.) its actually enjoyable and interesting. And I find myself wanting to learn more about the language and the culture.
My course was an intensive one that covers 3 levels -Beginners 1, Beginners 2 and Intermediate 1 which I did in 25 days (5 weeks). Well, thats all over now that I just graduated on friday with a pretty cert that came with a grade A. yay!!!
I'm hoping my dad lets me continue with Intermediate 2. My plan is to study for the JLPT in December. Taking Level 4 JLPT means I would have to learn 100 kanji characters though.
Funny that I am learning chinese characters thought Japanese! But oh well!
Btw I am taking Mandarin classes too at ILCS. But it's pretty boring. :( Why isn't mandarin interesting? hmmmph
College starts next week! I'm actually looking forward to Japanese classes more than law classes!
aha!
Anyhow, it feels great being able to study. At least I won't feel so dumb anymore.

Here's a great link to help with JLPT preparations :

1 comment:

Elise L. said...

lolx....
so GOODD
teach me japanese sumtimesss