Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kampong Noodles

the inner me strangely decides to promote something...

so here goes...

Every year, without fail, my family and I will grab a plate of one of the best 'kam pua mein' in my dad's respective hometown-Kampong KOh, Sitiawan, Perak. Passed down through generations and prepared with the good hot chilli stuff (yea im a sucker for chilli!), the 'kam pua mein' recipe is the townfolk's very own version of wan tan mee. Strangely, albeit it being frequented by many customers, the noodle house still bears no name. It is situated right next to Restoran Yen Cherng, opposite Uji Jaya tuition centre.

Unique in its own way, the noodles are of a different type and its simple blended ingredients of fresh taugeh, choi and fried crisp pieces gives it a distinctive kampong-ish taste.
Heh, I likeee...
Of course,its a must to eat it with the chilli sauce! really, i think chilli brings out the flavour and syiokness out of every meal!

No comments: