Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Brat in Disguise

Presenting the master of all innocent disguises!!! If there's ever anyone who can fool you into her infallible innocence, its my dear dear Singaporean cousin, Pei Yi. At the age of five, she can lure you into playing harmless friendly games with her, only to poke and prod at you, having you at her ultimate disposal. And i so happen to be, her ultimate victim. Human analysis- Name:Ong Pei Yi, Age:five, fav colour:rainbow, fav food:biscuits, bloodtype: possibly cold blooded, strengths: adorable cuteness, secret weapon: very berry mean words!
CAUTION: the subject identified can be very very very cute but dangerously viscious at the same time. Do not give in to her. I repeat, do NOT give in to her.

Which of course, I did. Aiyoh, how was I to know, she like that one?

The last time I met her, was at Ama's house in KL. Back then, she was so shy and intimidated by everyone, that she would run away or just keep quiet when you talk to her. But this time, when we visited her in her very own territory, she became surprisingly talkative and active!!! Huge difference really!

My first encounter with her, we picked her up from kindergarten...

me: hello Pei yi, do you remember me? I play cooking with you last time.
pei yi: (looks at me with her huge big bambi eyes) no! ( then coutinues playing with whatever she's playing with)
me: haarr really ar? but i draw pretty picture for you worr... see like this flower on my shirt!
pei yi: i throw away the pictures d...yuck!!! so ugly!
me: (utterly hurt of course) where got...see i look so preety!!
pei yi: yuck!!!!

(by tthis time mum and sis decided to play along and intervene of course...why not? we all find my rejection pretty amusing...

mum: (points at herself) so, pei yi, you like this aunty a not? (to which she chakes her head and says cutely 'yes')

mum: then how about this jie jie? (points to my sis) (yes again) and then very slowly points to me and carefully says, this one leh?

pei yi: no!

what did i do? haha but nevertheless we still played games and she made me her horsey, patient and chased me around for no apparent reason. also tearing apart and drawing on some of my stuff. but her cute smile and laughter is truly infectious.

one time, my dad treatened to eat her leg because he was sooo hungry. to which she replied innocently, 'but i haven't wash my leg!'

pei yi and her newfound husband. she is supposed to get married. but decides to put his hair in place first...

ohh no!!! what have you done pei yi???
she bully me i tell you!











No comments: